 CAD / 14262
Re: MLCad Parts Tree (was: LDD vs LDraw)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:30:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Chris Phillips wrote:
I think if there was an easy way to define a "virtual parts
bin" and share these with others as a separate file, it would be a very
useful feature. Depending on what I'm trying to design on any given day, it
would be nice to just select a parts palette with a certain organization and
start building.

In the meantime, if you look in the MLCad program directory, there's a file
called MLCad.grp.  This contains all the grouping information for the parts
tree.

As an example, one of the entries in my setup is for undecorated bricks:

Brick (plain)
<Brick & ! Pattern>

A utility to maintain several MLCad.grp files would be very cool.

That is very helpful!  Thanks!