 Boats / 599 (-100)
  Re: LEGO Queen Mary 2 - Making-of

(...) That has nothing to do with the confusion between short (US) tons and long (imperial) tons, which was what led us here. (...) ROFL!! I had hoped you'd realise I was being humourous, or maybe you did and decided to bite anyway, in which case (...) (15 years ago, 8-Jun-09, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Queen Mary 2 - Making-of

(...) Well, you'd think the ten fingers things would have been hint enough... (...) Huh. What real world are you working in? In my professional life, which I suspect uses actual weights and measures a bit, English units are just something we joke (...) (15 years ago, 8-Jun-09, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: LEGO Queen Mary 2 - Making-of

(...) You mean the bit where it's stated that if God intended for us to use Metric, he would have seen to it that Jesus had 10 disciples? (...) No we're not. And it's telling that no country in the world has voluntarily undergone the metrication (...) (15 years ago, 7-Jun-09, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Queen Mary 2 - Making-of

(...) Yeah that's just a bit more confusion that imperial measures brought us. It's all explained (URL). Good think all the sensible countries are moving to metric ;) ROSCO (15 years ago, 6-Jun-09, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Queen Mary 2 - Making-of

(...) A US ton is 2000 lbs. Jeff (15 years ago, 4-Jun-09, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Queen Mary 2 - Making-of

(...) Actually I'm pretty sure an imperial ton is 2240lbs, but it's still a remarkable MOC. ROSCO (15 years ago, 4-Jun-09, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Queen Mary 2 - Making-of

(...) Hi Travis, well, it weighs a lot :-) In fact, it's something about 850 to 900 kilograms. The metric ton is 1000kg, but if I'm right, the imperial unit "ton" should be a little bit more than 900kg (2000lbs). I built many parts of the (...) (15 years ago, 3-Jun-09, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Queen Mary 2 - Making-of

(...) All I can say is, wow! When you say "a ton of LEGO bricks", do you mean that literally? (The word "ton" is frequently used as a figure of speech in English to simply mean that something weighs a lot. I don't think that's what you mean, but I'm (...) (15 years ago, 3-Jun-09, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  LEGO Queen Mary 2 - Making-of

LLL, in case you're interested in seeing how to stack a ton of LEGO bricks to build a 21-feet-long cruise liner, please see this video: (2 URLs) May be the Keel King with you! -René (15 years ago, 3-Jun-09, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: NXT sound sensor characteristics

(...) Nop, I have seen it. I will try to get more information about it. (15 years ago, 1-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.boats)

  Re: NXT sound sensor characteristics

(...) due to who's catalog arrived at my house first. They look almost identical in functionality except the LabQuest has a stylus and more memory, while the XplorerGLX has I2C sensors (or seomthing like them; it seems they transmit digital (...) (15 years ago, 1-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.boats)

  Re: NXT sound sensor characteristics

(...) I would be interested, but I have no audio equipment (apart from a function generator) Very interesting data BTW! Philo (15 years ago, 28-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.boats)

  Re: NXT sound sensor characteristics

(...) Excellent suggestion!!! We'll open one sensor and try once again. (...) (URL) else interested in repeating the experiment? Philo? Claude P.S. I added a graph to the page, where the sound pressure is maintained constant. (15 years ago, 28-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.boats)

  Re: NXT sound sensor characteristics

(...) Since I was doing this all manually, it was by far the easiest. I realized that a better way would be to vary the signal generator level at each frequency, but often when trying that I simple "maxed out" the reported level from the sound (...) (15 years ago, 28-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.boats)

  Re: NXT sound sensor characteristics

Thanks Brian (...) Your excellent graph shows that you tried to maintain the sound pressure constant. We did the inverse in the last graphs, where we tried to draw the curve for a constant NXT sensor value. We also repeated the experiment, and this (...) (15 years ago, 28-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.boats)

  The RTS Zavala Steamship-of-War

I am pleased to announce my newest MOC The RTS Zavala Steamship-of-War (URL) This vessel is a side-paddle-wheel sailing steamship. The model is almost 4 1/2 feet long (1.36 meters) and it uses 13 hull center sections. Although called a schooner, the (...) (16 years ago, 16-Dec-08, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.boats, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Re: LEGO Powered Boat Race

(...) Speaking of which... I didn't have time to build it, but I was thinking about attaching this: (URL) my boat; modifying the tires to be some type of paddle-wheel type of construction. :) Alas, I had other building I needed to get done for our (...) (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.boats)

  Re: LEGO Powered Boat Race

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote in message news:KAC4K5.8yI@lugnet.com... (...) I was thinking... "More Power!! ungh ungh ugnh" (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.boats)

  Re: LEGO Powered Boat Race

(...) Fair enough... you mean one where you can use modified bricks for water-tight enclosures? I really would love to move into the even riskier option of true submarines... Or do you mean the modified *combat* class, that allows (nay, encourages!) (...) (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.boats)

  Re: LEGO Powered Boat Race

(...) I'll patiently wait for the modified class... *evil grin* -Rob www.brickmodder.net (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.boats)

  Re: LEGO Powered Boat Race

(...) Thanks - like you said, simple sometimes tends to be a good approach, and while I only had the red hulls there wasn't a lot of mass budget to "overbuild". (...) That I *completely* understand. I just haven't had the luxury of a warm pool to (...) (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.boats)

  Re: LEGO Powered Boat Race

(...) Cool. Although since the festival takes place at Downtown Disney, I think you really should have had a race across the entire lake. Serenity could handle it: (URL) I've got the 2.0 version (using two blue hulls... and mounting a camera that (...) (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.robotics)

  LEGO Powered Boat Race

During Festival of the Masters, GFLUG held it's first annual LEGO Powered Boat Race. What is that, you may ask? To give you a little background, the theme that GFLUG members were to build MOCs according to was "Transportation: Past, Present & (...) (16 years ago, 12-Nov-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.boats, FTX) !

  MOC: Microscale Disney Magic

I'm not one for announcing my MOCs, but I've been working on this one for awhile now & thought it deserved to be talked about. Introducing the Disney Magic Cruise boat in micro-scale: (URL) (photo by Joe Meno) (URL) (photo by Todd Thuma) (URL) (...) (16 years ago, 11-Nov-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.boats, FTX) !

  Tenacious Class Guided Missile Boats.

The Tenacious Class Guided Missile Boat complements the earlier Courageous Class in that it provides long-range fire in comparison to its short-range torpedo boat counterpart. Full details: (URL) Page 1.> (URL) Page 2.> (URL) Page 3.> (URL) Here we (...) (16 years ago, 6-Sep-08, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: F/V Northwestern (from 'Deadliest Catch')

(...) Very nice. It's ironic that the LEGO crab piece is almost too small to be in scale to the size of the minifig, as compared to some of the giant crabs they catch on the show. David (16 years ago, 18-Jul-08, to lugnet.town, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: F/V Northwestern (from 'Deadliest Catch')

(...) Wow. We have a lugnet.boats? Guess I should look at the various newsgroup names more. I don't think I've ever seen a post to lugnet.boats before. I learn something new everyday. Thanks! -Dave ToT-LUG (16 years ago, 18-Jul-08, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Courageous Class Patrol Ship.

The Courageous Class Patrol Vessel is a high-speed attack craft designed to engage and destroy or cripple enemy capital ships and defend the shores of Tabletown. It's secondary roles include coastguard duties, anti-piracy, and tracking down drug (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jun-08, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Waterborne offensive!

Hi all, I haven't posted any MOCs recently, but I have been building a number of new things, which I hope to post over the next week or two. To start off here are two riverine/coastal type patrol vessels. These are my first boats in the military (...) (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.boats) !!

  Lego Cruise Ship Challenge

Hey All, I just got an email about this and thought some you might be interested. "Norwegian Cruise Line and the LEGO Group are teaming on NCL’s LEGO Cruise Ship Building Challenge, exclusively for LEGO Club members. Young builders are invited to (...) (17 years ago, 16-Sep-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.town, FTX)

  The return of floating boats!

When I was a kid I never got any of the LEGO town sets that had floating boats, but now LEGO has new ones! (URL) third one has been out for a while, but it's not quite the same thing) (17 years ago, 23-May-07, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Armed Sidewheeler - Guerre de Roue

(...) Oh yeah- Atomic Pirates! (17 years ago, 14-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Armed Sidewheeler - Guerre de Roue

(...) As soon as I looked at this creation I thought of the Disney 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Maybe the colour scheme, I don't know but I expect the paddlewheels to be powered by a small nuclear reactor. (17 years ago, 14-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Armed Sidewheeler - Guerre de Roue

Very nice! One of my faviourite ships for ages... I like the menacing narrow silhouette and even the red colour scheme works surprisingly well. Great work and God Bless, Nathan (URL) (17 years ago, 14-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Armed Sidewheeler - Guerre de Roue

(...) SteamPirates. PiratePunk. (17 years ago, 14-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Armed Sidewheeler - Guerre de Roue

(...) This is a very elegant looking dual-powered vessel. Is the thin smokestack accurate to the era? I find the bley an excellent choice for the metal. I hope your recent spate of posting is a promise of more of your excellent sea-going vessels. (...) (17 years ago, 14-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Armed Sidewheeler - Guerre de Roue

Ahoy all, A little advanced technology from the shipwrights of Port Brique, the Guerre de Roue: (URL) More pics (URL) here>, post moderation. The Guerre de Roue was built out of parts on hand, and you can probably tell a few areas where I was (...) (17 years ago, 14-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Corsair 'Adroit Main'

Ahoy! Another vessel from the current shipbuilding frenzy at Port Brique shipyards, the lateen rigged Adroit Main: (URL) (More pics (URL) here> post moderation). The Adroit Main is an experiment in using the ten-wide bow pieces, an exotic rig on a (...) (17 years ago, 8-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: HMS Inevitable

(...) Yeah, I've been out of the loop, but I do get the impression that my old lugnet haunts get a lot less traffic these days, now that theme-focused forums are on other sites too. (I personally still like it here; maybe it's a generation gap (...) (17 years ago, 8-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: HMS Inevitable

(...) Holy moley--five months without a comment?!? Outrageous! I'm always impressed by Pirate-era MOCs, in large part because I have close to zero skill when it comes to building boats. The Inevitable is a fine looking vessel with a lot of (...) (17 years ago, 7-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Red Drake Black Knight Flagship

(URL) This has been in my brickshelf gallery for quite a while now, but I'm pretty sure I've never made an official lugnet announcement of it. I built the Drake during my dark ages (I still built during my dark ages just didn't buy anything) and (...) (18 years ago, 7-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  The Whaling Brig 'Egregious'

Ahoy! The newest arrival in the waters around Port Brique is the whaling brig Egregious. Whalers have tended to operate further south, but Port Brique was a resupply stop for Captain Warning in his hunt for a peculiarly coloured great whale. (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  HMS Inevitable

Well hello fellow lego people. For my 21st birthday i was blessed with a lego Black Seas Baracuda. Inevitably it ended up being modified somewhat and now well. It became the HMS Inevitable, A nice ole Escort frigate.... She is more the adequately (...) (18 years ago, 24-Nov-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Le Castor

(...) Thanks! Individuality is something I always go for. A MOC which has even the smallest bit of story about it, is often a lot nicer to look at and keeping to do that. (...) I'm not such an authority about the real thing, and this particular ship (...) (18 years ago, 13-Oct-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Le Castor

(...) I'm glad I got mixed up over that email cos I don't normally frequent .pirates and I would have missed a nice ship. I always think it must be hard to a do a ship differently working on the same bases but you (and Richie) show that there are (...) (18 years ago, 11-Oct-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Le Castor

Hi Tim, Thanks! I was going to add that newsgroup but couldn't find it very quick, and thought it not very important. Well I learned it the hard way then. Thanks as well for your nice understandable directions as how to post like a man should. (...) (18 years ago, 9-Oct-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Le Castor

(...) Hi Jakob, Neither .pirates nor .boats are terribly well frequented (I saw this because I am nosy). When announcing an MOC add lugnet.announce.moc to your newsgroups and set followups to the other places eg. here you would post to (...) (18 years ago, 9-Oct-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Le Castor

Hi people, I'm sorry to respond to my own post. However, I wondered, is it normal that noone responds to my topic for a week? In my eyes topics about MOCs are the most valuable, and I'm really curious. Thanks if anyone (anyone!) answers, Jakob P.S. (...) (18 years ago, 9-Oct-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Le Castor

A vessel confiscated by the Galleaux navy in a time of war, with a four-cannon broadside and three masts. A studdless ship with origins in the pirates theme. This is my first (online) sailing ship, and with that, my first Lugnet post. Thank you, (...) (18 years ago, 2-Oct-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats) !!

  The Supply Tender 'Ratsée'

The Ratsée is a brigantine rigged (or hermaphrodite brig, if you prefer) tender which is the supply vessel for the French squadron of Port Brique. Her simplified rig allows for easy handling by her small crew (Master, master’s mate and half a dozen (...) (18 years ago, 6-Sep-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  The cutter Tréfroid

(URL) The Trésfroid is a cutter operating in the waters around Port Brique, a much more modern design than many of my other vessels. Built on a one centre section narrow hull (from the Sealion), the Trésfroid’s hull is widened using inverted slopes (...) (18 years ago, 28-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.boats, FTX) !!

  The Bomb Ketch Bloviator

The Bloviator is the new Bomb Ketch of the French Squadron based in Port Brique in the South Pacifique. Bomb ketches are not generally described as ‘graceful’ or ‘elegant’, but this black hulled mortar vessel is a particularly ugly example. Her (...) (18 years ago, 18-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  The brig Seatop

Ahoy! The Seatop is a 12 gun brig operating in the waters around Port Brique. She is of an older design, but is an exceptionally seaworthy craft and handy sailor. (URL) Built on a three centre section hull, the Seatop uses a double row of inverted (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: Port Block Yards PT boats

(...) Very nice work! I might need to rethink my decision not to pick up a police boat. Any chance of squeezing a depth charge rack or two aboard? Spotlighted. Thanks for sharing. Cheers Richie Dulin FUT lugnet.build.militar...gnet.boats (18 years ago, 26-Jun-06, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Port Block Yards PT boats

Hey ho! Finally starting to get my act together again after moving to Queensland - even got web access to my site again. And after Richie's handy post on Myers (1 x boat + 1 x crane - very cool, thanks dude! :-), Port Block Yards has pictures of one (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jun-06, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats, FTX) !

  Re: USCG Cutter

It looks really good - way to go! Big boats are always good. The bow looks a bit blocky - I guess you did it with slopes; you might want to look at how the designers make boat hulls with plates, however, I can't do any better, so I can't really (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  USCG Cutter

(URL) So here is really my first MOC on a large scale and I really need some feedback. I started with the intention of building a USCGC 270 but then once I got into realized that the scale was more appropriate for a USCGC 210 (URL). I have a lot of (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jun-06, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Viking Knarr (or Knorr)

I like this a lot! Especially the colour scheme. It works very well but I would never have thought to chose it. Well done! The shields are also a great way to disguise those annoying gaps. Great work all round! God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf (...) (18 years ago, 21-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Viking Knarr (or Knorr)

(...) Very nice! I'm glad to see this other type of ship represented. -Suz (18 years ago, 20-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Viking Knarr (or Knorr)

Ahoy etc Although the longship is the iconic viking vessel, the knarr (or knorr) was generally the vessel of choice for trading. (URL) My knarr (or knorr) is shorter than my longship (only two hull centre sections). The rail is a perhaps fanciful, (...) (18 years ago, 20-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) According to Tim Severin, in Odinn's Son (a work of fiction, but TS is a noted maritime historian), wealthier vikings had a specially tailored canopy. But for the most part, yes, it would have been the sail. Cheers Richie Dulin (18 years ago, 13-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) (URL) This link>, given by Joel Jacobsen, says: At night, the sail was lowered and removed from the ship. In bad weather, it often served as a tent. The Vikings, inventors of the sleeping bag, would sleep under the sail for protection. So the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) Interesting. (thanks for the "stupid" question, Mark. I was wondering too.) I've felt funny planning a prominant "front end" to my boat because I read that they made them to travel in either direction (hence the mast being positioned dead (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  those crazy Vikings (Was: Viking Longship)

(...) I read that the Vikings didn't use saws to make their boats. That's pretty amazing. (...) Ha! Well, you know I'd love to, but I'd take flak from the masses for being even more of a compartmentalized dork, right? ;-) In my own defense, here's (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) All the references that I've seen have awnings like that used whilst at anchor... there are probably exceptions, though. The awning would be in the way for any sailhandling, and I wonder if the arm wasn't used to support the ridge of the (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  More information about viking ships (Was: Viking Longship)

(...) (URL) well, Jacob PS: Any chance we'll get a "lugnet.vikings" group? (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Viking Longship

Ahoy pirate fans and well met castle fans, The Vikings sets are vool, but after visiting the Vikings Exhibition at the Australian National Maritime Museum in January, I decided to experiment with building some more accurate (after a fashion), viking (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.boats, FTX) !!

  Lot of 3 Boat Hulls

I have 3 boat hulls that need a home. I won't be adding them to a leg or arm of a Mecha so if you would like to add them to your layout, here you go! :P Visit my item on Auction Brick.com! Lot of 3 Boat Hulls Item #1141131707 Click to view auction (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.market.auction, FTX)

  Hermann Marwede's Seenotrettungskreuzer

Do you ever say to yourself "Self, there's just not enough traffic in .boats!"? Well, neither do I, but I just wanted to say whoever Hermann Marwede is, (URL) this ship> is really amazing. Warning, very large pictures. (URL) And speaking of (...) (18 years ago, 8-Feb-06, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Corgo loading crane, and cargo ship

The SCLTC has been showing a layout at the Orange County Fair in Southern California, and just posted some images. And I wanted to point out a couple of my MOCs. The first is a cargo loading crane. I threw this togather in an evening just before the (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.boats, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  The barque Dodelijk Klompschoen

Not long after the shipwrights abducted for the construction of the Revenge arrived back in Port Brique, an entirely new vessel arrived, leading to speculation that this new, mysterious, three master had also been built by the abducted artisans. The (...) (19 years ago, 11-Jun-05, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  The schooner Madeleine's Daughter

Ahoy! The Mayor of Port Brique had long felt the need of personal transport, not always wanting to impose on the French Squadron, and thus commissioned the shipwrights to build him a vessel. His requirements were simple, speed, agility, appropriate (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  W I D E hull sections, anyone?

Ahoy, It has long been discussed, and (URL) claimed> once – but no evidence has been provided. But I have done it! I’ve cut six centre sections, and a single bow section, as that is what’s needed for the rebuild of my (URL). No widened stern (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  The pirate sloop Revenge

The Revenge ===...=== Long time readers of .pirates may recall the pirate sloop (URL) Revenge> (formerly the chasse maree Azelma), which was, for a time, the only pirate presence in the waters surrounding Port Brique. The old revenge was a simple (...) (19 years ago, 13-May-05, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  The Schooner Bleusorcière

I’m on record as being not much of a fan of schooner rigs, but there have been several examples of nice schooners on .pirates (Kurt Baty’s recent Remember the Legamo springs to mind). And, well, even in 1805, time does march on. The old Montreuil, (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.boats, FTX) !!

  Re: Ships' Boats

(...) These are really nice boats, Richie. I haven't been on Lugnet in a while - I hope you come out with those construction pics soon - I still have difficulty seeing that SNOT construction. I'll have to make some of my own soon, too! Aaron :) (19 years ago, 16-Apr-05, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  RTS LEGITOR a single-turret seagoing monitor (Passaic Class)

My new ship the product of months of lego work was at all-TexLUG meeting 4/3, in San Antonio. (URL) The RTN is proud to announce the RTS LEGITOR a single-turret seagoing monitor. Modeled on the Passaic Class Monitors. (URL) gallery at: (URL) enjoy (...) (19 years ago, 4-Apr-05, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.boats, lugnet.loc.us.tx, FTX) !

  MOC - It's a slice of the Pirate's Life for Me! (A Pirate Vignette!!)

It's a slice of the Pirate's Life for Me! A Pirate Vignette!! On an 8 x 8 base! (URL) the gallery at: (URL) A MOC by Kurt Baty enjoy (19 years ago, 22-Mar-05, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.boats, FTX) !

  Re: Ships' Boats

(...) The launch is fairly easier, given the six-wide base. I use 2x plates internally running the length of the keel and boat plates (round 2x2 inverted tiles) underneath to sandwich the six wide plates of the hull and six wide bow plates. The SNOT (...) (19 years ago, 12-Mar-05, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Ships' Boats

(...) I have to say I like this one the best (although the small swivel gun on the pinnace is particularly nice.). I don't suppose you have some better pictures of the construction? I am just not seeing in my mind how you connected the bow and stern (...) (19 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Ships' Boats

Ahoy, Long time readers of .pirates may remember this (URL) post> from Richard Parsons covering many excellent suggestions for new pirate parts. One of his ideas was for sectional rowboat pieces to mate with existing 6-wide bow pieces, but providing (...) (19 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Microtrains for your Maersk container ship

(URL) I'm not stealing thunder from legotrains, (or way behind the curve and this got announced long long ago) but WOW that's cool... Add a few gantry cranes and you're really rocking! (19 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.boats) !

  Coast Guard Base

For last November's GATS show in Pleasanton, CA our club didn't have the usual waterfront models, due to members being on vacation, so I built this to fill in the missing coastline. It's a United States Coast Guard base with helicopter and cutter (...) (19 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats, FTX) !

  Secret testing of a new cannon

To: Cmdr. Naval Weapons Development RTN HQ. Galveston From: Capt. Counter-Intelligence Texas Rangers We have intercepted communications coming out of the Mexican spy network in and around Galveston. They are reporting on the noise of testing of (...) (19 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Group of green patrol boats

Hello! I have finished a group of small green patrol boats. They are system-scale, usable for minifigs. More and larger images are in this BrickShelf gallery: (2 URLs) See you around, Chris (19 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Re: Kids say the darndest things (Was Re: Chili - Canine Mecha)

(...) A funny story I'd like to share while remembering this post; I have been teaching Lego Building Workshops in Hoboken. The students are mostly kids and you know how kids say the darndest things right?, well this was funny. I sometimes bring a (...) (19 years ago, 15-Feb-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.people, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Battleship in progress by Jumpei Mitsui

Hi all, It looks like Jumpei Mitsui has started a huge project to build a fig-scale (URL) Battleship Yamamoto>. You may remember his (URL) model> at a smaller scale, and a (URL) space version>. Anyway, the hull on this new version is a thing of (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Boat Motor

(...) I don't know if that will work. I'm not sure if a single 2x2 set of dots will stick to the hull given than the motor is pushing an inch down from where that piece is. Of course, the motor doesn't put out a lot of force, but it might not stick (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  (MOC) 12-gun Top-Sail Schooner RTS REMEMBER the LEGAMO

12-gun Top-Sail Schooner RTS REMEMBER the LEGAMO (URL) at (URL) A two center section ship. What do I like with what I did with this MOC, I like that masts have rake, and it has a low tumblehome, and the shaped sheer in the hull. And also that bow (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.boats, FTX) !!

  (MOC) 20-gun Brig-of-War RTS SAN LEGONIO

20-gun Brig-of-War RTS SAN LEGONIO (URL) at (URL) This is my rebuild of the BSB, three hull center sections. what do I like with what I did with this MOC, I like that I the used the gun ports in the bow and the stern, and I like my bronze swivel (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.boats, FTX) !

  Boat Motor

Anyone know if the New boat motor in [LEGOSet 4669] or [LEGOSet 7244] can be attached to the botton of, and provide enough ballast to, the old boats like [LEGOSet 3111] that use the ballast weight to replace the ballast weight? I was thinking it (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Microscale battleship

(...) Now that would be a line of micro sets I'd like to be able to buy! (19 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Microscale battleship

Thanks guys, I'm guessing that the "military" theme was the problem. I didn't start working on it until after the other non 16-square designs had been accepted (16x16 area... wow, if you are going to have non-lego® lawyers write your rules you could (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Microscale battleship

Matthias, Nice work, do you know why it was rejected?? Seems a little odd to me, as 8x32 designs have been allowed in the Lego Factory contest. And... I agree, we need more of these, I may even try my hand at one of these :) Thanks for sharing. Mark (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Microscale battleship

(...) Very nice! I built microscale ships when I was younger, haven't had a chance to build any recently. There is a microscale Enterprise someone built, I need to build some cruisers and destroyers to escort it! Joel (19 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Microscale battleship

(2 URLs) Here's a microscale battleship (aka Maritime Museum) that I was working on as a Factory entry. It was rejected within hours of being uploaded :( but thought I'd share it here! The hull shaping is 1/2 plate offset SNOT with sliding tiles to (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.boats, FTX) !!

  Re: (MOC) 36-gun Frigate RTS LEGOMALEE

(...) Did the Texicans ever float a navy at all? (...) I think it is spiffy! I love that you have two decks! And that you have tumblehome. I was on the gun deck of the HMS Victory in Portsmouth and it is remarkable how little headroom there is (IIRC (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Vikings?

These were posted at EuroBricks, (URL) but someone put the pics on BrickShelf (thanks!)... (URL) set to castle although arguably vikings predate most castle stuff. There is some discussion at eb already about where these fit and why LEGO decided to (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jan-05, to lugnet.year.2005, lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  something 4 everyone: swooshable, rollable--lotsa new MOCs

Click on pics to get their respective galleries Planes & Spaceships: (4 URLs) Cars & Buggies: (4 URLs) 2 Boats, a house, a micro (MLcad, L3P & POV-ray rendered) Windmill, & a sea turtle: (5 URLs) AND a micro hover dumper, micro freighter & a (...) (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.boats, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, FTX)

  What might this portend?

I don't know anything at all about the "One Piece" animated series, other than the fact that two of the characters are apparently named Luffy and Shanks. However, while perusing the Japanese MegaBloks site, I came upon (URL) this set.> Leaving aside (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact