 Boats / 512
Re: Boat Motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 06:43:17 GMT

In lugnet.boats, Rob Antonishen wrote:
   Anyone know if the New boat motor in

    4669 Turbo-Charged Police Boat
55 elements, 2 figures, US$20, 2004
LEGO > 4 Juniors > Floating Boats
or

    7244 Speedboat
107 elements, 2 figures, US$30, 2005
LEGO > SYSTEM > Floating Boats > Town > City
can be attached to the botton of, and provide enough ballast to, the old boats like

    311 Ferry
LEGO > LEGOLAND > Floating Boats
that use the ballast weight to replace the ballast weight?

I was thinking it could be attached with a couple of the 2x2 plate with holes a couple of friction pins with axle

Anyone have one to try this with?

I don’t know if that will work. I’m not sure if a single 2x2 set of dots will stick to the hull given than the motor is pushing an inch down from where that piece is. Of course, the motor doesn’t put out a lot of force, but it might not stick on.

The older boat hulls with the Playmobil motor are VERY securely attached, and the attachment clip is almost coaxial with the motor’s thrust.

You could always one of these instead...not very expensive, and you can get it from Playmobil Canada in Mississauga:

http://store.playmobilusa.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/PMDisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=qJl2Lt524GF2Lp-CtrF6CBBE7ybJuUmPrA=?ProductSKU=7350&CategoryName=USstorefront&PLS=0

Plus, the old style boats were designed with them in mind. If you mail me before the next dinner, I can bring mine to lend you for tests.

Calum PS-I really want to do a water related game for rtlToronto. I was thinking perhaps RC boats, no limitation on size, motors or control system EXCEPT it has to be all Lego. We could run them in a shallow reflection pool or something.