 Ambassadors / 162
Re: LEGO Ambassadors Status Report - Summer 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2007 18:05:17 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Elroy Davis wrote:
   In lugnet.ambassadors, Felix Greco wrote:
   Is there a group that is underrepresented?

Based on this brief discussion, I don’t get a warm fuzzy feeling that 9v train fans are being represented. While it is mentioned that the Save 9v Trains campaign has been around for awhile, Nelson’s reaction seemed (to me) to be more of a “Oh, yeah! We forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder”, instead of a “No worries, we’re actively working on it.”

One of the things that I’ve been hoping for from either the Ambassadors or from some other official Lego rep, is some sort of concrete announcement about the fate of 9v. Either a definite, yes, it’s being kept in production, or a definite, no, stock up while you can.

At some point last year it was mentioned that Lego would make a decision late in the year based on sales. We’ve seen some cool product releases since then that can be interpreted as 9v sets, which keeps up the hope, but still nothing specific. Motors are still available, and track is still available, but for how long? Is Lego still trying to make a decision regarding 9v, or have they come to a conclusion?

Is it possible for the Ambassador group to get us a definitive yeah or nay answer? I’m not looking for inside information about upcoming releases, or salary information about employees, just a simple answer to a simple question.

Will Lego continue to produce 9v train products for the foreseeable future?

-Elroy

Elroy,

I agree that Train fans currently are not as well represented as they should be. I would encourage leaders in the Train community to apply for the next cycle of LEGO Ambassadors. It is quite possible that few train builders applied last cycle.

This being said, we will do our best to represent train fans. Most of my lug (Gateway Lug in Saint Louis) is made up of concerned 9 Volt train fans. I regularly pass along their concerns to LEGO. 9 Volt is a great system which is far superior to battery trains and should not be discontinued.

The Ambassadors are currently discussing 9 Volt trains and have asked LEGO for an update.

Ben Ellermann