 Ambassadors / 134
Re: LEGO Ambassadors Status Report - Summer 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:25:56 GMT

   So the preference amongst ambassadors and the company is for more secrecy?

Allister

I’ll bite. This is a mixed question for sure. Product development and release of information are what need to be kept secret absolutely. The people who work on marketing plans and developing new things are dependant on the information not getting out so that those companies with faster response times on their production can’t bring out a competing product line before or at the same time as ours (same old story...I know, but no less true today than it was before).

Now, we run into the problem of the information being thrown out from every direction in ways that we’re constantly having to be vigilant about; catalogues, S@H servers being scanned, online sites not guarding their product list are all included in this list. A lot of people in the company are learning the hard way that the internet complicates things, which is scary to some people, hence a more conservative approach.

its always interesting to hear about the development process on a lot of things, but sometimes it just isn’t a prudent business decision to have it outlined in public all the time. That being said there are a lot of neat facts that will come out in the future. The real question is, what’s more interesting, the mystery or the answers?

Steve