 Administrative / Terms of Use / 273
272  |  274
Subject:
Mega-Bloks (Ritvik) is watching
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 19:29:36 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Just thought I'd pass this along...

Someone wrote today and mentioned that they'd recently got a job with Mega
Bloks (Ritvik Holdings, Inc.) as a model builder.  They were asking if they
needed to modify their posting sig to note this fact.  I said no, it's not
required by the discussion group T&C, but that it wouldn't hurt, assuming
they were posting in an official MB capacity.  (On the other hand, since
this person is an AFOL and LUGNET member, it's likely that they'll be
posting privately and not on behalf of MB in any official capacity.  But we
as a community should talk a bit about what we'd want out of MB if someone
did ever show up and post in an official capacity.)

Anyway, to make a long story short, Mega-Bloks (Ritvik) is watching.

I don't know how many (if any) other AFOLs have made it on the inside at MB,
but theoretically, one is all it takes to start forwarding the juicy stuff
up the chain (assuming that MB hasn't been watching all along, which I would
assume they have been, just like LEGO).  Not that there's anything wrong
with that; that's just business.

Finally, if this person should decide to disclose his/her position at MB,
please be courteous and show him/her the same respect you would show a LEGO
employee.  He/she is a respected member of the AFOL community and just
because MB is a wannabe doesn't mean that its employees are bad or that an
AFOL working for MB has sold out to the bad guys.  Bear in mind that MB is
in Canada and if I'm not mistaken there are far fewer positions at LEGO in
Canada than there are in the U.S. or Europe.

--Todd

[followups to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands]