 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 802
Re: Mega-Bloks (Ritvik) is watching
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 23:18:36 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Tim Courtney writes:

It's fun to joke around about clones being the enemy, yaddie yadda, but it's
all in clean fun.  If anything, I hope clones do well-- not because I'd ever
buy them, but because they will keep TLC honest and motivated to live up to
Ole's motto;-)

Same here, I want LEGO to do better, so go clones.  But, I will never buy
them, and as I just said, I'll educate consumers wherever I can on the
quality differences, purity, shameless ripoff nature, etc...

Here's a question... Why should Ritvik make what we want just to be a foil
for LEGO? Wouldn't it be in Ritvik's interest to make stuff that we actually
would buy? If we're not going to buy it, why should they bother?

Something to think about.

++Lar