 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 826
Re: Mega-Bloks (Ritvik) is watching
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 20:23:56 GMT

MB is a major player and while most of us prefer
LEGO, many of us AFOLs look at MB and "hope" they move more into LEGO
territory just so we can get more parts at their lower cost (relative).  I
sincerely hope their quailty continues to improve and the compatibilty
coninues, competition is a good thing.  I know many think it is a sin, but a
few years ago I went out and bought the MB Viking Ship (x2) and still
incorporate the unique parts from those sets in my own Castle World.  If
they build 'em, quality is good (to great) and they are 100% compatible and
offer a unique color or part then I am happy to include MB into the fold.  I
welcome the addition to this group, perhaps both companies will grow as a
result through information and competition.
Best wishes,
Aaron

Like it or not, the price trade off make MB sets worth the investment in some
cases. For me, since MB dropped their Castle range, I buy them for parts.
However, if TLC were to drop Castle this year, it would be a good time for a
MB Castle Probuilder (with minifigs) set or two.

Paul