 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 806
Re: Mega-Bloks (Ritvik) is watching
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 00:20:34 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Todd Lehman writes:
Anyway, to make a long story short, Mega-Bloks (Ritvik) is watching.

I knew this.

Finally, if this person should decide to disclose his/her position at MB,
please be courteous and show him/her the same respect you would show a LEGO
employee.

Of course.  MB is not the enemy here.  One of their employees is certainly
not the enemy here either!  Bad design and the lack of resources (i.e. the
bricks we need for a project) at a good price are the enemies we AFOL must
counter.

I buy Mega Bloks.  I think many other AFOL buy MB too.  The quality of MB
bricks needs to improve, but that doesn't mean I would scorn someone just
because they worked for Ritvik.  Frankly, I would welcome their input on and
off the record.  And if an AFOL (for lack of a better description right now)
really will be designing the MB toys -- I can't wait!!! Vikings, Blok Bots
II, MB castle, male and female double-sided plates, etc!!! Go, Baby, Go!!!

BTW, I can't believe how even-handed you are being about this, Todd.
Previous to this moment you seemed almost rabidly against any mention of
clones, with the exception of the existence of off-topic newsgroup for clone
brands.

Yeah, and how about BUGNET?  Didn't I come up with that one, Santosh?

-- Hop-Frog

P.S. TLC, it's sad to see Ritvik MB thusly nipping at your heels -- but then
again, you SO deserve it...