 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 801
Re: Mega-Bloks (Ritvik) is watching
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 22:17:55 GMT

To All,

Finally, if this person should decide to disclose his/her position at MB,
please be courteous and show him/her the same respect you would show a • LEGO
employee.  He/she is a respected member of the AFOL community and just
because MB is a wannabe doesn't mean that its employees are bad or that an
AFOL working for MB has sold out to the bad guys.  Bear in mind that MB is
in Canada and if I'm not mistaken there are far fewer positions at LEGO in
Canada than there are in the U.S. or Europe.

Well, watching offhand the discussion off off.topic.clone-brands for the
last few years, it will be interesting to hear one of LEGO's biggest
competitors in the toy aisle. Welcome aboard is all I can say. I for one
would have no hesitation switching brands if TLC policy continues on some
rather questionable practices in regards to marketing and product selection,
and Mega-bloks picking up the slack. We shall see. it's good to have
competition, it keeps you from being lazy and non-innovative.

Scott S.
--
Personal Page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html
LEGO Index Page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html