 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 810
Re: Mega-Bloks (Ritvik) is watching
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 04:09:45 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Marchetti writes:
[...]
BTW, I can't believe how even-handed you are being about this, Todd.
Previous to this moment you seemed almost rabidly against any mention of
clones, with the exception of the existence of off-topic newsgroup for clone
brands.

I don't mind clone bashing (for lack of a better phrase) in the regular
groups, or comparisons between clones and LEGO, if it helps AFOLs.

What makes me ill is seeing reviews of clone brands seep into lugnet.reviews
(I think that happened only once, and I screamed quickly), or glorification
of clone brands in the main groups, or models glorifiying clone brands.
That's not what the site is about.  It's about LEGO® -- The One True Brand
of automatic binding bricks.  But you knew that.  We all know that.  :-)
I'm sure the LCAD folks don't want to see clone brand poisining in the CAD
stuff either.

At any rate, my point in the message earlier was to ask people to please
treat AFOLs who may also be MB employees with respect, even if they don't
respect MB the product or Ritvik the company.  That is, just because someone
works for MB doesn't mean they can't still be an AFOL.

Now, on the other hand, if some non-AFOL MB marketroid type should happen to
come around posting and spewing marketing sewage, I don't care if anyone
turns on the flamethrower.  ;-)

--Todd