 Administrative / NNTP / 1129
Re: lugnet.sports
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:55:49 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Jeremy Scott writes:

Considering how many subthemes the space and castle theme have, and
considering that all co-exist in the same group, (except for ninja and SW) I
would just recommend the global .sport(s) newsgroup and keep it simple.  I
couldn't imagine more that 20 posts a month in each subgroup, but as a whole
they could co-exist in one group and maybe even create a whole community of
sports builders/enthusiats - creating more interesting discussions.

At least using a web browser as an interface, if you read the .castle group
you see the .castle.ninja posts as well.  So if a theme had subgroups for
the subthemes they would all still show up in the more general group.  Any
other MOC that fell outside of the subthemes would just go in the more
general group.  So a custom baseball stadium would go in .sports rather than
into any .sports.whatever.
I'm not sure how all of this works using other interfaces, though.

I actually am not arguing for subdivisions.  I don't see the need.  But I
think a heirerarchical structure wouldn't have any real problems, either.

Bruce