 Administrative / General / 6958
Re: A requested improvement for LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 01:09:11 GMT

You should try using:

http://www.lugnet.com/poweruser.cgi

michael

In lugnet.admin.general, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
Hi Todd and Suzanne,

I find the set search box on the home page really handy.  I would find it even
more handy if it appeared on every page when I'm reading the newsgroups.  Is
there any chance you'd implement that?  It seems like something with almost no
extra overhead, and I bet I'm not the only one who would benefit from it.

Since the news search box is up at the top, putting the set search box at the
bottom might avoid confusion - but you probably have a paradigm for where such
an addition would go if you were to implement it.

Something that I just thought of as a converse issue, is that it might be • handy
to have a search of the newsgroups available from the set database pages.
Crafting such a search would be much harder.

Chris