 Administrative / General / 7002
Re: Prototype friendlier LUGNET homepage (was: Re: A requested improvement for LUGNET)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 13:54:18 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:
- Bring back the choice of number of messages for the more (I've switched from
20 to 10 because both at home and at work, 10 messages basically fit on the
screen. I assume that when the makeover is complete the more messages pages
will look more consistent with the home page (though I hope they will keep the
summary, though I can see why you've eliminated that for the home page [how
about a choice summary on/off, perhaps separate for home page and continuation
pages]).

I'd like to see the option to check the last 100 messages added, in addition to
the most recent 100 messages.  I use this almost exclusively, even on my slow
connection at home, as it gives you a quick way to see most of the day's
messages, and you don't miss anyhting if you've been away for a few hours.  I
even made myself a link on my toolbar for it!  :)
(http://www.lugnet.com/?n=*,-100&v=b)

Jeff

P.S.  Also, sometimes when I'm looking for a message that I am unable to find
using the search box (which is extremely frequent), I will use the "next 100",
but that can really be slow going when in a group like .starwars.  I was
wondering if it was in any way possible to do "next 1000"?  It needn't be an
actual link, just enable the function...  :)