 Administrative / General / 6999
Re: Prototype friendlier LUGNET homepage (was: Re: A requested improvement for LUGNET)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 07:09:48 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:
How would  someone be able to get to Fabuland from this page ?  Or know
about  it?   I know the idea is to be more welcoming and this involves
streamlining to some extent , but I am currious as to where particlarly
Fabuland gets linked to on this evolving page.

The few groups shown are the most active loc and themed groups.  I think the
page needs a link to a friendly introductory list of newsgroups by theme and
popularity, as well as links to the traffic page and a full list of groups.
Once upon a time there was this page

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/groups/

which worked OK when the list of groups was small, but is too "clumpy" at
the moment.  The full list of groups

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/groups/index/

is also potentially helpful for random-style browsing, but it doesn't say
much about the groups.  And the site map page

   http://www.lugnet.com/sitemap.cgi

is a bit too dry.  :)

Possibly, an ideal index of main themed groups might include logos like the
ones used on these pages:

   http://www.lugnet.com/belville/
   http://www.lugnet.com/castle/
   http://www.lugnet.com/duplo/