 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 2141 – 2160 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Informal CFD: robotics competition newsgroup(s)

This is an informal call for discussion regarding the creation of a focused newsgroup/mailing-list for _Robot_Arena_ combat events. The LEGO Mindstorms Robot Arena homepage (not sponsored by The LEGO Group) is located at: (URL) takes place in San (...) (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics)

mail
(score: 0.176)

  Re: BUG -- error posting when Followup-To header contains whitespace

(...) This is definitely a bug in your newsreader. No spaces are allowed in the Newsgroups header. It is probably also a bug in the NNTP server, since NNTP servers should be robust and able to handle simple errors in the article headers. Play well, (...) (26 years ago, 12-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.175)

  Off-topic messages (was: Re: The Minifig Generator??)

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999 04:04:44 GMT, in lugnet.robotics you write: (...) Chris, I would like you to please stop posting off-topic messages in the lugnet.robotics newsgroup. It is connected via an e-mail gateway to a mailing list called (...) (26 years ago, 12-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.175)

  Re: Element search with fuzzy categories

(...) Right-o. The real thingie (remember, the /dbtoys/elementsearch/ thingie is just a toy/prototype) will need to be smart like that, so it knows what's too little to return vs. what's too much. (...) Dunno. Maybe some of both, but probably few if (...) (26 years ago, 11-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

mail
(score: 0.175)

  Re: Carrying rec.toys.lego on lugnet.com

(...) Not to suggest anything bad about RTLers specifically, but it has been my experience that when you're talking about getting a large group of people to do something that they don't *have* to do, even if it would be to their benefit, chances are (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.175)

  Re: Some Running Thoughts about THROWBOTS

(...) Yes, he is. But he's only one man, and he has a lot of irons in the fire. Unless he can clone himself a few times I think we'll just have to accept that some of these little side issues will either be put on hold or the large Big Plan issues (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.175)

  CFD: lugnet.market.shipping

[Crossposted to lugnet.admin.general & lugnet.general & lugnet.faq, with followups set to lugnet.admin.general] This is an informal call for discussion on the topic of creating a new newsgroup lugnet.market.shipping dedicated to: - discussions - (...) (26 years ago, 7-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.faq)

mail
(score: 0.175)

  Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials

(...) Yup -- great! -- that's exactly what it was intended as. (...) Yup -- I agree, that would make a lot of sense (assuming it was done in a friendly and non-spamful way :). (...) Wow, I just looked up "retail" in online Webster's -- it says that (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.174)

  Re: 1999 NL sets 4533, 4553, 4556, 4557

(...) It's interesting. There are a whole ton of rejected messages from a John Neal in the dead-articles file on the server -- none of them ever showed up in a newsgroup prior to Kurt's posting. The only way Kurt could have known about them is if (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains)

mail
(score: 0.174)

  Real-life name in web interface

(...) Because your name is Simon Denscombe, not Carbon 60. Aliases/handles get the backseat here on lugnet and are understated as much as possible. There's no room to display both in the overview list, so it goes with your real name. (It's that way (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.174)

  Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials

Todd Lehman wrote: <moderated technical difficulties> This is your server and you have the source. Why do it the conventional way? Instead of mailing the proposed article, save it on the server. Moderator then periodically uses the web interface to (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.174)

  Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials

(...) Yes, a group can be made to be read-only for everyone except the server administrator and a moderator (or a set of moderators). I've never created a moderated group before, but as far as I can tell, they're fairly easy to set up inside the (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.174)

  Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials

(...) I would not like to see posts to the <lugnet.loc.us>, keeping that group free for national discussions (if we ever have any). I much prefer giving these announcements their own unique news group. I would even probably subscribe to the (...) (26 years ago, 1-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.174)

  Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials

(...) I'd say .market.buy-sell-trade -- not the .announce group and probably not the .general group -- because the market.* hierarchy was really intended as the place for that sort of thing (selling and things related to selling). Still, the (...) (26 years ago, 30-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.174)

  Re: Lugnet.robotics and the Robotics List

Alex Wetmore wrote in message (...) So, I understand that: You _do_ use Lugnet news groups, but you subscribe to the mail list because you are more interested in the robotics group (higher priority) and you would rather it came to you through email. (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.172)

  Lugnet.robotics and the Robotics List

At first I was very hesitant to have the mail list join the Lugnet robotics group, but now I am very glad it did. The increase in membership, and knowledge was a welcome improvment. It is also nice to be able to keep up with the advancements in (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.172)

  Re: Lugnet.robotics and the Robotics List

Linc Smith wrote in message ... (...) list (...) I read via the mailing list instead of via lugnet for a couple of reasons: 1) My email comes in via IMAP, where my news doesn't. IMAP keeps my read/unread status on the server, which means that I can (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.172)

  Re: Lugnet.robotics and the Robotics List

Todd Lehman wrote in message <36794b80.31897794@l...et.com>... (...) I'd have to experiment and see what happens if a user does a reply to all in that case. If it sends to the people in the Reply-To header as well as the To header then it would work (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.172)

  Re: Group monitoring

(...) There is currently no way to get notification of activity in a newsgroup except by subscribing to it by mail. (URL) I'm subscribed by mail to all 583 loc.* groups and don't look at them in my newsreader. If there was a way for you to get (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.172)

  Re: Confirmation code?

(...) No, it's not new. The confirmation code thing has been there on/for the News-by-Mail subscriptions page (URL) it was added about a month ago. --Todd (26 years ago, 7-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.171)

More:  Next Page >>