 Administrative / General / 766
Re: BUG -- error posting when Followup-To header contains whitespace
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 13:03:18 GMT

Matthew Miller (mattdm@mattdm.org) wrote:
I just tried to reply to a message in lugnet.announce in which the
Followup-To was set to "lugnet.general ". The trailing space caused my
article to be rejected, as my newsreader tried to literally follow the
instructions.

This is definitely a bug in your newsreader. No spaces are
allowed in the Newsgroups header.

It is probably also a bug in the NNTP server, since NNTP
servers should be robust and able to handle simple errors in
the article headers.

Play well,

Jacob

           --  E-mail: Jacob.Sparre.Andersen@risoe.dk  --
           --  Web...: <URL:http://hugin.risoe.dk/>    --

LEGO: MOC+++c TO+++(6543) TC+++(8880) AQ+++ BV-- #++ S LS++ A-/+ YB72m