 Administrative / General / 744
Re: Carrying rec.toys.lego on lugnet.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 03:45:31 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
How might things actually play out if cross-posting between rec.toys.lego
and lugnet.* groups were allowed for people who've gone through the news-
posting setup?  (Obviously, it can't be allowed for people who have not gone
through the news-posting setup.)  Would it result in everyone eventually
doing it? -- or in most people ignoring it and irking everyone else from the
fragmentation?  Of course there is only one way to know for sure, but what
are some predictions?

Not to suggest anything bad about RTLers specifically, but it has been
my experience that when you're talking about getting a large group of
people to do something that they don't *have* to do, even if it would
be to their benefit, chances are most of them will not do it.

Right now we're phasing out our old modem pool.  We've had the new one
up for 2 months with notices going out via e-mail every couple of
weeks that Jan 4th was the cutoff date (we're actually just gradually
limiting the number of B channels it can use till we cut it off
entirely in a week or two).  That modem pool is still getting over
half of the calls.

Same thing will happen with this registration thing.  Joe RTLer
doesn't have to register here to post to RTL, so chances are he won't.
Some will, especially those interested in maintaining an unfragmented
discussion.  Most, for whatever reason (laziness, lack of experience,
forgetfulness, outright refusal, etc) won't do it.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide