 Administrative / General / 747
Re: Some Running Thoughts about THROWBOTS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 05:13:35 GMT

cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley) writes:

[...]
But hosting rtl here seems to be something that, right now, will only
create problems that have to be solved, and since there are only so
many hours in the day (although from the e-mail I've received from
Todd when I'm up at 3am I know his days are a little longer than
most), solving them means other things aren't being done.

That's pretty much how I see it right now -- the disadvantages outweigh the
advantages, all things considered.  Lots of work, little gain relative to
other stuff.  It's important to me to get the ball rolling on things like
themage because that's a medium-term thing that'll take a lot of research
and can go on as a background thing; and it's always easy to spend an hour
talking about a new newsgroup possibility because it doesn't create extra
work to create a new newsgroup; but something as big as carrying RTL is a
real can of worms.  Mike is totally right -- it solves problems but creates
new ones.

--Todd