 Robotics / 2674
2673  |  2675
Subject:
Off-topic messages (was: Re: The Minifig Generator??)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 06:20:03 GMT

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999 04:04:44 GMT, in lugnet.robotics you write:

Where can I find it? I heard that it was located at
http://www.legopolis.com, but it doesn't work. Please help me!

-Chris

Chris,

I would like you to please stop posting off-topic messages in the
lugnet.robotics newsgroup.  It is connected via an e-mail gateway to a
mailing list called lego-robotics@crynwr.com, where it is read by several
hundred serious adults who find off-topic posts extremely annoying.

Your question is appropriate in a group such as rec.toys.lego or
lugnet.general, but not in lugnet.robotics.

Are you having trouble accessing other newsgroups?

Please be aware that if you continue to post off-topic to the robotics
group, it becomes likely that additional people may register complaints
against you, which may result in a loss or suspension of your posting
privileges.

In general, it is a good idea to lurk in a group for a couple weeks or so
before posting, to form an understanding of what sorts of things are
appropriate and what sorts of things are off-topic.  In addition, it is
worthwhile to explore other groups to see if there are more appropriate
places before posting.

--Todd

[followups are set to lugnet.admin.general, and apologies are made to those
on the lego-robotics@crynwr.com side of the group for Chris's message, which
appeared on the lugnet.robotics side.]