 Administrative / General / 706
705  |  707
Subject:
Real-life name in web interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 23:33:13 GMT

"Carbon 60" <carbon60@bigfoot.com> writes:

[...]
P.S.  How come my web-based posting display Simon Denscombe while on NNTP it
correctly displays Carbon 60?

Because your name is Simon Denscombe, not Carbon 60.  Aliases/handles get
the backseat here on lugnet and are understated as much as possible.

There's no room to display both in the overview list, so it goes with your
real name.  (It's that way on purpose -- not a bug).

If you view an actual article page, where it has more room,

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.admin.general:703

then it lists your real name in boldface and your news name and e-mail
address in a smaller font as a mailto link.

--Todd