 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 2121 – 2140 of 2225.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) My personal view/wish: I think the whole .bst/.auction area should be replaced with theme-specific market groups. Little advertised fact: not everyone on LUGNET is a generalist! I do not read .bst or .auction despite knowing that I'll be (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Brickbay?

(...) ... (...) Here's a request of Admin: Please add market.brickshops to the LUGNET main page NewsGroup Shortcuts. Since there is limited available real estate, I recommend also removing the less-frequented groups. Activity on market.jambalaya is (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Web interface cancels (was Re: Let's define what an auction announcement/update is)

(...) One amelioration for the rogue cancel problem would be for the web interface to "stash" a cancelled post somewhere safe. Lots of variations on that possible. In addition to the stash, send it in email to the address given in the posting (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  #1261 - DUPLO LLF Airline Set

Hi, I just got another promotional set from a friend that I can't find in the Set Guide. He bought it on an airplane, so the set is marked "Specially made for Airline Companies", I don't remember which Airline though. Here are the details, please (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.promo)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  A Change

.A Change ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ (Not so much a` BIG change, but a `SMALL improvement!) !An open letter to the Lugnet community and it’s creators: I'm proposing that a change take place in our lovely Lugnet community. Not a radical revolution, but simply just a (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.announce)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: A tiresome tirade (Was: garbage output)

Todd: [...] (...) That feels just like when kids refer to me as "the man". ;-( (...) I must admit that I haven't (cared to?) read all JW's posts on Lugnet, but from the ones I have read it appears that he has a different attitude to LDraw parts (...) (26 years ago, 12-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Posting Twice!!!

(...) Hmm, it's possible, but that still shouldn't result in the server giving a 500-error. (In a perfect world, a webserver should never give a 500-error, no matter what the input.) BTW, your message (the one I'm replying to) seems to have come (...) (25 years ago, 12-Aug-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: summaries on main page

Dan: (...) [...] (...) Since the script wouldn't have to grab any HTML at all, I can't see what the problem is. You just do a HEAD request and check if the result is below 400. Checking the URL (URL) can for example be done as follows: Me....: (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Mailing list gateways

Steve Bliss wrote in message <36adb6d8.922755@lugnet.com>... (...) I like the lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat, and lugnet.cad.dev heirarchy best. If we ever got to the point where lugnet.cad was getting a hundred post a day, it might make sense to (...) (26 years ago, 27-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: posting failure?

(...) Getting closer...I have a workaround. I'll have to talk to the authors of the Net::Cmd module to be absolutely certain about the nature of the problem, but I think I see it clearly now. The post() method of Net::NNTP goes like this[1]: sub (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: The Toa now officially hit the US

Hi again, sorry, I should have been more precise. What I meant to say is that the main page www.lego.com (right when you enter) announced that the Toa will hit the US by next week. Preorders accepted now on the six heros, to be shipped by 23 May (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.admin.database)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Space Shuttle #1682

(...) No, not really. I think that "which do not explicitly welcome their presence" is pretty straightforward and easy to understand. If you're wondering if a group explicitly welcomes auction announcements, chances are it doesn't. (...) Well, that (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: lugnet.trains.org newsgroup?

I totally agree with Dan on the club's mission... but I think that club members from the same or different clubs can use .train to discuss train club stuff. After all it is all about LEGO trains. Would anyone object to a conversation about how to (...) (26 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: All UK Groups subscribed?

(...) [Pardon me for the apparent harsh tone -- it's not actually harsh -- what follows is a very serious question, not a wise-crack...] How could someone possibly find a tiny local group and manage to post to it, yet not realise that there is a (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials

(...) Yes, a group can be made to be read-only for everyone except the server administrator and a moderator (or a set of moderators). I've never created a moderated group before, but as far as I can tell, they're fairly easy to set up inside the (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  member packets

I'll make a more official post later, but for now, to put the mystery to rest... When Todd and I began LUGNET, years ago, the member pack was a fun project done in our spare time as an 'extra' thing for our new friends as they joined up. It was a (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general) !

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Problems contacting me ?

(...) It probably is OK for lugnet.people -- that's prolly the safest spot, unless it happens a lot. I like the idea of a special "contact me" forum, but then again maybe it has more pros than cons -- it would be one step more hidden, and it's hard (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Interface changes coming today

(...) Yes. Well, no. Let me break that into two questions. Yes, you need to enter the info exactly as before to post. No, you don't need to enter the info exactly as before to get the cookie for the second machine. But if you want the cookie to be (...) (26 years ago, 20-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Unix shell script for accessing multiple NNTP servers

Todd Lehman (lehman@javanet.com) wrote: I have a script like the one you included, but for some reason I can't remember, I decided to use different machines to read news from different NNTP hosts. I would at least keep both/all the site specific (...) (26 years ago, 1-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Bloviate (was Re: Warnings( was: WAKE UP!))

(...) Hi Jake! I didn't make the point as clear as maybe I should have. I'll try to keep it concise-- Constructive criticism = good Example-- "Maybe we should think about enabling a new message interface so we can put pictures and stuff in our (...) (19 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

More:  Next Page >>