 Administrative / General / 4309
Re: Space Shuttle #1682
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 02:56:14 GMT

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000 23:44:35 GMT, "Sortafast" <sandlin@nwlink.com>
wrote:

One more thing,

Perhaps you should reword item 11 in the Terms of Use:

"
         11. Post auction announcements, updates, or listings in discussion
             groups which do not explicitly welcome their presence."

Seems to me like the Space topic would welcome an auction announcement about
a set that I've heard people say they wish they had. I've even heard people
explicitly say they wish they knew where to find one.

See my confusion?

No, not really.  I think that "which do not explicitly welcome their
presence" is pretty straightforward and easy to understand.

If you're wondering if a group explicitly welcomes auction
announcements, chances are it doesn't.

Maybe if you worded it:

" 11. Please do not post auction announcements in any topic other than
lugnet.market."

Well, that would be incorrect since lugnet.market.AUCTION is the only
group that DOES explicitly welcome auction announcements, updates, or
listings.  I think by having the group named lugnet.market.auction
that assists people in seeing it as explicit.

Maybe it's just that I've been here since pretty close to the
beginning, but it has always been obvious to me (and most others) that
one of the great things about LUGNET is that auction announcements go
in one and only one group, and people who don't want to see them
(which is a lot) don't have to fool with them while discussing Space
stuff, even if people do mention from time to time that they'd like to
find set XXXX.

I'd say if you have something to sell and you see someone mention
they'd like to find one in a discussion group, a private e-mail would
be best, maybe even with a link to the auction posting you've already
made.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?