 Administrative / General / 4312
Re: Space Shuttle #1682
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 05:48:55 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

The T&C should probably also point out that since you strongly prefer not to
cancel posts, that one should not take the presence of a post which violates
the T&C as proof that the T&C can be interpreted more loosely (you might
also want to re-think your policy on canceling posts, the internal
discussion groups at IBM have gone through a lot of thinking and discussion
about canceling posts, and they will cancel posts which are way out of line
[they will also move other posts to the appropriate group, sometimes moving

Any cancellation or movement is editorial control. This isn't IBM, we're
out in public here, you can't make surrendering rights part of your
terms of employment. That said, I STILL think it's a good idea if we can
just solve how to do it in a way that doesn't expose Todd legally and
doesn't run him ragged.

(I can remember moving a whole thread, I had several forums on IBMPC at
one point and I ran the whole IBMEDS conferencing disk. all you had to
do was lock the two forums, and do a file replacement. news is way
harder for that. But then, conference disk threading is way way weaker
than news... and part of the reason why it is weaker is because there
are no crosslinks, which is why it's so easy to move threads)

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!