 Administrative / General / 9897
Re: Brickbay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 17:33:23 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kenneth Wright writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Cary Clark writes:
...What is the URL for the page that shows only 6 sub-catagories? • ...
This is where I goofed:  I started from the LUGNET main page
(www.lugnet.com), looking for information regarding BrickBay's server being
down.  Scrolling down, under MARKET, I saw "Buy/Sell" as one of only 6
choices, and it seemed to make the most sense at the time....

Here's a request of Admin: Please add market.brickshops to the LUGNET main
page NewsGroup Shortcuts. Since there is limited available real estate, I
recommend also removing the less-frequented groups. Activity on
market.jambalaya is limited; market.services is another low volume group
that may not need front page access.

I'm well aware that nothing is likely to change right away, but I hope that
this is seen to eventually.

Point taken; though I would like to beleive that the last 3 goals listed
were in reference to (and created solely for) LP, my response to his post
would completely justify a reference to me as well.

Well, you got me there. Larry sometimes rubs me the wrong way. I'm sure I do
the same to him. But honestly, I wasn't thinking of any individual when I
wrote those four points. I was musing on how LUGNET could be the friendly
place that everyone aspires it to be.

Larry has put enormous energy into making LUGNET have content worth reading.
After all, isn't it content that makes us participate on LUGNET at all? As
much as I wish that Larry would take a jog around the block before he posts
an e-mail that attacks or belittles someone, I also appreciate the useful
information he posts. Look how many times I use his posts in the FAQ:
http://www.lugnet.com/~330/FAQ/

I seek not to praise Larry or bury him (to mangle Shakespeare). Nor do I
presume to tell anyone what or how to post. I'm simply pointing out the
painfully obvious: LUGNET is content -- and LUGNET will live or die by the
value of that content. I don't post much, but when I do, I try to make that
post worth reading.

Cary