 Administrative / General / 9894
Re: Brickbay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 13:58:41 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kenneth Wright writes:
Clearly?  Yes, but only now that the preceding posts have brought it to my
attention.  If you go to the main page, you will see that of the 6 choices
offered under MARKET, the best of them was picked.  Now, if you could click
on MARKET from the main page and open up the sub-catagories, it then would
have been clear where we needed to post.  In other words, it appears there
are only 6 sub-catagories for MARKET.  I for one was not aware of this other
sub-catagory, despite my effort to post in the most appropriate location.

This is odd. What is the URL for the page that shows only 6 sub-catagories?
When I go to: http://news.lugnet.com/market/ I see nine catagories. Since
.brickshops, .appraisal and .theory are relatively new, is it possible that
you're looking at a cached version of the page (i.e., does refreshing the
page fix it)? Or are you looking at some other page?

To Cary: Thank you

You're welcome. I appreciate your assessment of the situation.

When I post, I try to remember that:
- Not every reader knows the history of LUGNET in detail.
- Some users have a limited command of English.
- Some users are ten years old.
- (Almost) no one enjoys reading hostility, veiled or unveiled.

Sometimes I blow it. (See, there's an English idiom right there.) But I have
hope that LUGNET may be viewed as the friendliest place on the Internet for
a future generation of LEGO builders.