 Administrative / General / 9896
9895  |  9897
Subject:
posting email address
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 16:17:48 GMT

Hi Suzanne and/or Todd,

(I just emailed this in but it occurred to me someone may see it sooner here
and others could chime in if they've seen the same thing.)

I just noticed that when I bring up a new/reply message page that my name
and email are already filled in.  Very nice feature but it caught me in the
middle of trying to change my email address.  I had changed my address under
my profile, tried posting once, and realized I had to resubmit a posting
authorization request.  While waiting for that I changed the email on my
profile back to what it had been.  When I tried to post again though it
still automatically filled in the new email address which I can't post under
yet.

I thought maybe it used the new address because that was the last one used
by my browser (if unsuccessfully.)  I logged out and posted an
unauthenticated message using the old email address.  However, even when I
logged back in, the new address I can't use was automatically filled in.  I
was reluctant to delete my cookies and lose my skip filter settings but I
see they appear to be tied to the login now as well (another very welcome
feature!)

Now, I have deleted my cookies, cleared my cache, removed all record of the
new address from my profile, logged out and back in again, and a message
form is still automatically filling in the new email address I can't use.

My questions:

Where is this email still stored and how do I get rid of it until I am
approved to use it?

How are people who post under multiple email addresses supposed to switch
from one to the other?

How about including on the posting authentication form a place to enter a
member number so you know when a current member is simply trying to change
their email address and can maybe expedite such requests?

Thanks!
John Radtke