 Trains / 29799
Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2007 11:17:08 GMT

Hi all,

well, I'm not particularly fond of the IR remote controller as well - I spent a
significant amount of money on 9V stuff (the original w/ metal tracks) and hope
to keep that in a usable state for some time.

The good part is that the plastic rails do interconnect well, so there's
probably a chance of having a mixed layout where appropriate. New track material
with wider curve radius and the new switched crossing already got my attention
(with the latter being already in the stores), but I'm hesitant. Fortunately, I
am not in the hurry of buying new material right now.

IR is not exactly the best idea they ever had about trains - in all other
aspects a lot of things they are considering right now might have been there
much earlier (and certainly would have earned LEGO a lot of money...).

Oh well...

Jerry