 Trains / 29798
Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2007 19:59:40 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
If they are still using IR (i.e. line of sight) for communications, forget
it. If they go to some kind of non line of sight control (e.g. whatever the
Fischer-Price GeoTrax system is using), I will consider it.

The Lego workshop participant from the Netherlands wrote on the Dutch Lego forum
the following:

- infrared control;
- rechargeable battery;
- track the same as current, maybe curves with bigger radius;
- stepless speedcontrol from new remote;
- new PF is already in preproduction fase;
- cables not attached to motors;
- seperate receivers;
- multiple channel receivers i.e. lights can be controlled independant from
speed.

OK, I accepted that I had to stock up on 9V track (which I did) but silently
hoped for a radiocontrolled remote. I already use the IR remote with my track
powered motors, which is great fun, but after a few meters it does not respond
anymore... So not much good news accept for the compatibility and maybe the
bigger curves!.... but still all plastic.

greetings from Amsterdam!
Remko