 Trains / 26740
Re: close up pics of IR receiver and remote was re: new trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 23:32:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Luca Giannitti wrote:
   Hi!

Just found on BrickLink http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?S=7898-1

Are we going to have a green Train Front like the ones from 4551? http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2924

If true, it would be really interesting...

Bye (and merry Christmas) :-) Luca

here’s some new pics found on brickshelf. they answer alot of questions.

the remote looks promising with the studs all over it but the train bases have that huge blob of a battery box on top. that’s got to go. ondrew

There a couple of other things I have noticed from these pics. The new Technic axled wheels appear to have a spoke pattern in relief on them, not proper spokes like the small BBB wheels (visible in the closup).
The 1x1 slopes will be available in blue on the truck (I’ve been waiting for them!)
I have to say I don’t really understand why the battery box/receiver is so big

Tim