 Trains / 26598
Re: New Trains and BBB Wheels? (was: Re: Still more)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:07:04 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mathew Clayson wrote:
   Yep, I can only dream that the adjusted the gear ratio in the new motors. The current 9v train motors run way to fast, I’d gladdly trade that for a bit more torque.

But even at differnt speeds, the BBB wheels have less traction, allowing them to slip some, and motors tend to to syncronize a bit once they’re under way.

So it might actually be cool, the steam engine’s drive wheels slip as try’s to start up, then the train starts to move forward, and the wheels grab, off she goes.

I think the process you’re describing is referred to as ‘clutching’...

...at straws... ;-)

Jason Railton