 Trains / 26603
Re: New Trains and BBB Wheels? (was: Re: Still more)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 18:35:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mathew Clayson wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton wrote:

   Yep, I can only dream that the adjusted the gear ratio in the new motors. The current 9v train motors run way to fast, I’d gladdly trade that for a bit more torque.

No idea about the torque, but personally I doubt it could have been improoved (would empty the batteries too fast). The speed of the new trains is more or less the same as now: a Metroliner waggon at full speed of the IR train derailed.

Regards,

Ben