 Trains / 26378
Re: New train? (set 7898 from 2006)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.parts
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 00:52:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Luca Giannitti wrote:
   Hi!

Just found on BrickLink http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?S=7898-1

Are we going to have a green Train Front like the ones from 4551? http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2924

If true, it would be really interesting...

Bye (and merry Christmas) :-) Luca

Another pic has turned up on the Eurobricks forum http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/euroforum/index.php?s=1bd80257a3f418521bd7993afe0cd930&act=ST&f=9&t=3239&st=0&#entry57939

Tim

The more and more I see of the RC/IR train line the more I like it. The sets look to be well-engineered, fun to build, not junior-ized, both have seemingly good parts and it looks easy to hack. Ok the last part doesn’t really matter to allot of you but personally I look forward to the new directions this will take me. I would like to note that I fully intend to offer a RC/IR unit for those who want the feature without the train base.

As a little side note, It looks as if they made a new motor unit for the trains with black plastic wheels rather than metal. Lets just hope they kept the rubber bands on them. ONDREW