 Trains / 26413
Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 16:16:39 GMT

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:IsoCFq.1t2F@lugnet.com...
Can "new trains" ever be a {bad thing}?  Doubtful, but here are some
observations based on the pic below that explore this question:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lrlego/Schep/02-train_2006.jpg
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lrlego/Schep/thumb/02-train_2006.jpg_thumb.jpg>>

* It appears that the battery motor has metal flanges like the 9 volt
motor.
Probably good; will last longer than mere plastic.

* Battery box is large and comes in white and black (so far) I don't know
what
that side thingie is on them, but might complicate attempts to build 8
wide
trains.

* The passenger train appears to be [legitimately] lighted; the Croc's
lighting
seems to be a croc, unless they have developed lights to fit in headlight
bricks and jumper plates.

That looks like an optical illusion to me.  It appears the light is coming
from a nx4 brick between the 2 headlight bricks and under the jumper plate.

-Rob
www.brickmodder.net