 Trains / 26500
Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 03:07:53 GMT

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:IsqHwF.1CFA@lugnet.com...

[ ... snipped ... ]

I agree with you here, Jason.  When considering the new battery system, we
are,
in theory, talking about a line that will provide easier access to LEGO
trains
for the GP.  There is something non-threatening about devices which only
require
just batteries as opposed to something that plugs into the wall.
Batteries are
ubiquitious and relatively safe.  I believe it is a much easier sell than
current-off-of-the-track systems (no matter how simple and reliable TLG
made
theirs out to be).

In the US, a battery operated toy can be labeled for a much younger age than
one which plugs into an AC outlet.  I believe the minimum age for something
AC powered is 8.  By going with batteries, LEGO can label their new train
products as 6+ or maybe even 4+ as opposed to 8+.  Doing so allows them to
target a younger demographic.

[ ... snipped ... ]

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com