 Trains / 26438
Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 16:47:22 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton wrote: (snip)

My only concern is that LEGO have been very bad at the joined-up-thinking-as-a-whole-company ideal, so while the new sets may come with the reassurance from Jake and/or ambassadors that 9V will continue to be supported (though maybe more through Shop@Home than through toy shops), there’s a definite possibility that Shop@Home will at some point completely fail to keep up the supply.

Jason R

This is exactly how I feel about the new trains. Whilst I welcome the realistic Euro designs and the entry-level pitching, the assurance that ‘metal track will continue to be available’ is not the same as saying ‘the rail powered 9v system will continue’

Jon.