 Trains / 24011
Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:08:17 GMT

You could also print your own stickers or decals (on white or clear) with just the “right” gray. SteveB

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Mathew Clayson wrote:

   I’m in a similar need for split level plates in grey, as I’m woring on a SP 1960 era passenger train. I’m using grey vinyl tape (electrical tape) to cover the sides of a black version. I used yellow tape on a grey 6x28 plate for a ATSF engine awhile back, before the BNSF was avalible. And it worked great. Just avoid fouling the the trucks. I fold the tape under the frame, except where the trucks might rub. http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/impact1/TRAINS/GP38/gp38_06.jpg

That’s a good idea. I’d go for removable tape than permanent paint. I’ll look into this. Thanks.

later,

James Mathis