 Trains / 23888
Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:02:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:
   James Mathis wrote:

<http://www.brickbuilttrains.com/elcapitan/el_capitan_book_v4c_for_web_files/frame.htm
   You Can Build it! Hi-Level El Capitan> web-page generated by PowerPoint (I’m no webmaster).

It seems that the software you used makes HTML that only renders correct in Internet Explorer :(

I’ll spit it up as just a bunch of PNG images over on BrickShelf in several car-specific folders. Sorry about this PPT IE Explorer issue. I thought it might offer some nicer navigation tools without me punching out some hand-written html. Thanks for calling it to my attention.

I would like to add some information regarding a few more details of the car models: removable luggage-racks on lower level of the “transition coach” and the “coach” cars; a “power generator” for each car; and an alternative wheel/truck design for “bufferless trucks”. The real-life Hi-Level cars had these luggage racks on the lower level so passengers could have access to there larger suitcases that would not fit in there coach chairs. Apparently, each car had its own dedicated power generator, as well. I think the bufferless trucks are appropriate. The standard official LEGO Super Chief car trucks are shown. Either design should work. I’ve tried them both through a hard “s-curve” of track.

later,

James