 Trains / 23894
Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:43:18 GMT

   Curious about the bufferless trucks. Is there a reason that you didn’t go with them completely? Do you like the ones with the buffers better? Are there running problems with the bufferless ones? It looks like the cars would have slightly less space between them which I suspect would look more prototypical but may have issues in the tight LEGO curves.

Thanks!
Paul D’Urbano

SNIPPY

Hi Paul, I’ve been having some very good results using slack action coupling using technic 1 x x plates which are used in car axles. By using multiples of them, you can join the cars so close together that they actually touch- on display at least. then when running the train, they just loosen up due to the motor pull, and crumple when you slow down. I’d rather not post pics of this publicly since the MOC I’ve used them on isn’t complete, but if you (or anyone) would like to see pics of this to try it on your own, mail me, and I’ll take some.

Samarth