 Trains / 23907
Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 00:25:41 GMT

A builder can always change the color scheme. The more important thing is
your design, which, as always, is excellent.

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message
In lugnet.trains, Mike Walsh wrote:

Actually a Club Car would be old grey.  The production run ended before
the
color change and they are not producing more.  So if you can find one
(S@H
has been sold out for a while) it will be old grey.

This was a troubling issue during my development of the Hi-Level cars.
The grey colour change and the disappearance of the Club Car gave me
months of
pause.  I stopped working on the design.  I finally decided to pick it
back up
and finish it out.  I thought it was a decent enough project.

This is one of the reasons I have become hesitant to invest more time
toward
printing the book.  These cars are grey...grey...grey.  So much turmoil
surrounds grey right now, I don't know if these are buildable in any
reasonable
assemblage of current sets; meaning, if one tried to find all of the parts
new,
could it even be done with a consistent grey?

I wish the Club Car were still available...or at least that one could
order only
the grey baseplate from S@H from the train accessories offerings.

later,

James Mathis