 Trains / 23903
Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 22:42:07 GMT

"Paul S. D'Urbano" <durbano@optonline.net> wrote in message
news:I973Au.MDF@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:

[ ... snipped ... ]

When you do get around to it (again, no rush!) one thing I found was that • I'd
have to modify the MPD file to get the Ldraw part numbers to match the • Peeron
part numbers used in the inventories.  Typically it would be something • like
someone used a "Tile" part in Ldraw whereas the Peeron inventory for my • sets
specified "Tile w/ Groove" parts.  You'd end up with it saying you're • missing
parts when you really weren't.  There are also a few parts that simply • don't
match between Ldraw and Peeron.  The end result was that I would modifify • the
MPD to a point that it would work perfect with Peeron but then MLCAD • couldn't
find all the parts if I tried to open it there.  (I modify a copy of the • MPD
with a text editor, instead of MLCAD, since I'm doing simple search and • replace
work).  Anyway, my point is you can't make it perfect but there are a few • things
you can do (like using tile w/groove) that will make the MPD more Peeron
compatible.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!¬
-Paul

Another option would be to make BrickTrak (http://www.briktrak.com)
inventory files available instead of MPD files.  If your MPD files are
anything like mine, they have stuff in them that isn't part of the
inevntory.  BrikTrak can accomplish the same thing that Peeron can and can
also tell you which stores have the parts you want.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com