 Trains / 17950
17949  |  17951
Subject:
Canadian National SD40-2 Diesel Engine V2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 01:51:15 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I am very pleased to announce the completion of my Canadian National SD40-2
Diesel engine.
http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/trains/CNv2engine/index.html
(This gallery includes comments on each page)

Voted "Best Train" of the show at the Northwest BrickCon!

The special features of this engine are as follows
4 White 3mm LED's located 2 in the nose and two in the tail. They light up
depending on the direction of the engine.
3 Spinning exhaust fans located in the rear.
HO & O scale decals from MicroScale Decals
The front and rear couplers are custom and are not attached to the motors.
DCC Ready

Special Thanks must go to the following people:
My wife Xandria for her support and listening to me worry and complain about
it for the last 2 years!
Jacob McKee for inspiration on the front and rear couplers. (He has a
LEGOized version of a similar engine at
http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/botbrail/ )
All the people that voted for my engine (Best Train award) at the NWBrickCon
2002
Larger images available upon request.

You can see my main train site at http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/trains/

I look forward to your comments.