 Trains / 17993
Re: Canadian National SD40-2 Diesel Engine V2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 18:28:20 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh writes:
With my SD40-2 (Rio Grande) I kind of took the middle road and put 6 wheels
in the back and used the 4 wheel train motor in the front. I know it's not
exact, but we do have to work with in the limits of LEGO parts. I did try
match the fans and side vents the best I could. Orginally they were going to
be SD40Ts but a T unit (tunnel) has the side vents down low and the Rio
Grande decal wouldn't work if I did that....so I just made them into SD40s

Just one question.  I am wondering if you thought about using unpowered 3 axel
trucks for both the front an back and putting the motors on the first car
behind the engines to push?  If you didn't I was wondering why.  If you did
were there problems you encountered with the pushing.  Also did the 3 axel
trucks have problems on the corners?

Eric Kingsley (who has stuck to 2 axel trucks so far).