 Trains / 18006
Re: Canadian National SD40-2 Diesel Engine V2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 21:55:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:

Actually the Hiawathas were 4-4-2 Atlantic types, so John wasn't that far >off...
http://www.trains.com/Content/Dynamic/Articles/000/000/001/802vypso.asp
-Harvey

*Actually*, the Hiawatha was initially pulled by streamlined
Atlantics (numbers 1, 2, 3, 4), but after a few years they switched
to streamlined Hudsons, and the
Atlantics were downgraded to branch line service.

Ahem!

Well it's a good thing we don't have any *real* rivet counters here. :-)