 Town / 6755
Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 02:10:26 GMT

In lugnet.town, Shirley Kearns wrote:

   Comments and questions are welcome, hope you enjoy it!

Hi Joel, I really like your band. The ingenuity of you guys (and some gals) always amazes me, since my own attempts are still at the pathetic stage. Could you please tell me what you used to make the bass drum? Is it a 2x2 round brick on its side, with a tile over it, or something else?

Thanks.

Shirley.

Thanks for the compliments, Shirley!

Don’t be so quick to downplay your abilities. No one is pathetic. I’ve come to realize building with LEGO is more like going to school -- I generally feel like I’m a sophomore or MAYBE a junior, where many around here are Senors... and some skipped ahead a few years. Other times I feel like maybe I got held back a year or two. ;)

That’s the beauty of LEGO -- getting to look at other’s works is what lets us learn faster. Without LUGNET or Brickshelf I have no idea what I’d be building these days. Keep at it! :)

Now to keep this more on topic for remaining in .town: You pegged it. The bass drum is indeed a 2x2 round brick with a 2x2 printed tile from a Life on Mars set. The “drum” is mounted on two 1x1 “headlight” bricks.

I thought some of the pictures showed it better than they actually do. If you’d like I can take an image or two of the drum kit out of the stage, it’s no trouble to do.

Joel