 Town / 6727
Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 03:04:29 GMT

In lugnet.town, Brendan Powell Smith wrote:
I love it.  Great job with the band and instruments.  I particularly like the
drum set and the expression of the drummer is awesome.  The guitar cables are a
nice touch too, and the monitor amps... and the giant stage poster behind the
drummer.

Thanks for the compliments, Brendan!

I can't take credit for the 1x2x1 plates as the electric guitar bodies as I  am
pretty sure I saw someone else use them with a different piece for the neck in
the past, but I don't recall anyone using wrenches as the neck.

Grin. The face of that Alpha Team fig was just too perfect to not use in the
band and it just screamed "I'm a drummer!" :)

The King Leo's castle banner happened to be the perfect size to provide backing
to prevent the distraction of seeing 'through' the structure. Hence, Crazy Leo
and the Knights. I know..pretty bad. ;)

Wish I got a chance to see the light show in action.

One of the guys in COLTC has a digital video cam and took a few seconds of video
of the band so if it comes out I may be able to talk him into converting it to
.mpg or.avi for me. I'll post if so.

Hey, so what piece is that you use for the speakers?  Doesn't look familiar to
me.  Is it from a new set?

It's the brick that the new mecha-style arms on the 4793 Ogel Shark sub connect
into. It comes with 2 of them as I recall. I think they're in a few other sets
as well but off hand I forget which ones..

Thanks again for the positive feedback.

Joel