 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1484
  We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

Well this is a first of sorts for me on several levels: It's my first time to use FTX for a post so if this fubar's, my apologies ahead of time. It's the first (and hopefully) the last time I'll use such a long title but I couldn't resist. Gold star (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.fun, lugnet.technic, FTX) !!

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

(...) Joel, Looks really cool. The speakers are just great! I believe the title is in reference to a Audio Adrenaline song from their album Don't Censor Me. Nate (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

<snipped> (...) Nate, Thanks for the kind words. My wife was trying to help me find some 1x2 with technic hole bricks for a speaker tower initially. I'd planned to just stick the stud of a 2x2 radar dish in it but they were really too big and then I (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

I love it. Great job with the band and instruments. I particularly like the drum set and the expression of the drummer is awesome. The guitar cables are a nice touch too, and the monitor amps... and the giant stage poster behind the drummer. Wish I (...) (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

In lugnet.town, the Reverend Brendan Powell Smith spake: (...) Read Joel's initial post: (...) it's this part: 'Technic Brick 2 x 2 x 2 with Hole and Click Rotation Socket' (URL) (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

(...) That is really cool. I particularly like the use of wrenches and corner plates for guitars. That is probably the best rock band scene I have seen done out of LEGO. -Mike Petrucelli (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

(...) Thanks for the compliments, Brendan! I can't take credit for the 1x2x1 plates as the electric guitar bodies as I am pretty sure I saw someone else use them with a different piece for the neck in the past, but I don't recall anyone using (...) (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

(...) That's a hefty compliment, thank you. It was a blast to build. Now if only they came in more colors than just red, it'd be perfect! :) Joel (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

(...) Great stuff. I like the look. On the topic of the lights. If you have a Mac(iTunes+os9) and a RCX you might like this idea I had from while back (URL) the show in-sync to the music! Again props on the layout. DaveG Ps: Mail me/comment if (...) (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

(...) SNIP (...) I've been wondering, Peeron says this face has a microphone printed along with that hugh grin, but I don't see it on this fig. Modification, perhaps? (...) 4 in 4793-1 - Ogel Shark Sub 2 in 7153-1 - Jango Fett's Slave I™ 2 in 4789-1 (...) (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

(...) Thanks, Dave! I've given some thought to adding actual music but in that it's (thus far) been displayed as part of the local train club display... I'm not convinced that most would be happy to endure my choice of music despite how cool it (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

In lugnet.town, Nathan Wells wrote: snipped! (...) Yep. And yep. I'd actually forgotten I'd modified the head. Just took an X-acto knife and removed the mic. I really have no use for the cool Alpha-Team heads with mic's. The same thing was done for (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

(...) Good call. Excellent model. I partcularly like the drum kit. (...) What's the definition of a gentleman? Someone who knows how to play the banjo, but doesn't. :) Allister (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

(...) Joel, When I read about the OS/rcx, I got thinking (yes I do sometimes...). We could plaly I-tunes from the movie Theater (Macintosh Laptop). This will not interfer with display of the presentation and/or the wireless camera. In the last (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

(...) FYI you can get them in white in the World City Police helicoptor (there are 2). Just dont apply the stickers :) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

(...) Ah. AT heads might be the only heads I would modify (I'm strictly a purist). Does the knife create any indention in the head where the mike was, or are you able to scrape the printing off by itself without damaging the head? Thanks! (URL) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: modifying heads (was: We're a band!..)

In lugnet.town, Nathan Wells wrote: SNIPPED (...) Well.. it depends on how cross eyed I get and how shakey my hand is at any given time. :) I've got a few heads that weren't badly marked and a few that are. In my personal experiences with the Alpha (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

In lugnet.town, Allister McLaren wrote: SNIPPED (...) Thanks for the feedback. The drum kit idea hasn't really changed much over the years; I made a band as a kid and found I still like this approach the best because it's simple. :) (...) LOL! Yeah. (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Wired for sound? (Was: We're a band!..)

In lugnet.town, Paul Janssen wrote: SNIPPED (...) I'm still thinking about speakers really or rather where to put them. Maybe under the stage somehow so the sound seems to be coming 'from' the band etc... with no unsightly 'non-LEGO' speakers to be (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

(...) Cool band Joel! Hey, can this girl I know join?: (URL) Take care, Gary (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

(...) Joel that is superb, those speakers are great! But a great band needs *LOTS* of mean looking guitars, maybe you should try to sign a deal with (URL) Brickenrocker Guitars>? ROSCO (21 years ago, 18-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

In lugnet.town, Ross Crawford wrote: SNIPPED (...) Thanks for the positive response. I agree, which is why the banjo was done away with.. ;) Brickenrocker has some rather nice ideas and may be the site I recall seeing before. Probably where I got (...) (21 years ago, 18-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

(...) Thanks Gary! LOL! She's great! I don't know if she'd with Crazy Leo's band, but a stage is a stage.. other acts are certain to find their way to the venue sooner or later so one never knows who might show up. :) Joel (21 years ago, 18-Oct-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

(...) Hi Joel, I really like your band. The ingenuity of you guys (and some gals) always amazes me, since my own attempts are still at the pathetic stage. Could you please tell me what you used to make the bass drum? Is it a 2x2 round brick on its (...) (21 years ago, 19-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

(...) Thanks for the compliments, Shirley! Don't be so quick to downplay your abilities. No one is pathetic. I've come to realize building with LEGO is more like going to school -- I generally feel like I'm a sophomore or MAYBE a junior, where many (...) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Technic set 8855

This came out when I was about 11 and I wanted it so bad. Two problems: 1. It wasn't available in India at that time 2. None of my relatives were kind enough to shell out $120 for it Fast forward 14 years, I'm now in the US, am employed and have (...) (20 years ago, 19-Dec-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic set 8855

(...) You can try eBay: (URL) This set usualy appears from time to time. Currently there's one, but it's ending in six hours so you must hurry. - David (20 years ago, 19-Dec-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic set 8855

XFUT: lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade (...) Or Bricklink, there's at least one in a sealed box: (URL) Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) (remove SPAM when e-mailing) (20 years ago, 19-Dec-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Technic set 8855

(...) Nikhil, Try this: (URL) Dennis Bosman (URL) LEGO Trucks & Heavy Equipment> (20 years ago, 26-Dec-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)