 Technic / 11822
Re: Technic set 8855
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 05:03:56 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Nikhil Sarma wrote:
This came out when I was about 11 and I wanted it so bad.

Two problems:

1. It wasn't available in India at that time
2. None of my relatives were kind enough to shell out $120 for it

Fast forward 14 years, I'm now in the US, am employed and have some
money to spare.  And I would really like this set, if for nothing else,
but to satisfy a childhood dream.

The problem NOW is that it has been discontinued.  The friendly store
manager at Legoland, California suggested that this would be a good
forum to post queries on.

If any of you have this set and are willing to sell it to me (in good
condition, of course) or know of where I can get it, PLEASE do let me know.

Thank you,
Nikhil

You can try eBay:

<http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=8855&catref=C3&socolumnlayout=3&lotr=1&from=R2&sacategory=18998&BasicSearch=>

This set usualy appears from time to time.
Currently there's one, but it's ending in six hours so you must hurry.

- David