 Technic / 15948
Subject:
Walker useing new leg design
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:59:59 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

After a few long weeks of tinkering, I think Ive settled on a final design that I would like to display at the Toronto Hobby show.

This is a six leg walker, that uses the leg design of Theo Jansen

After seeing his video here

I spent some time learning about his 11 tube leg design. I found the best way to learn about this very neat leg concept is to build one. Once you have it, its a very stable, and repeatable leg. I have not found any good “how too” to make this leg. I spent a lot of time, re-playing clips and videos, and looking at Sim’s of the “TJ” leg.

I have some shots of the ‘bot here:

and a video of My walker here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF50m2OzGZE

I want to thank Janey for being the Flame under my butt. Without her, or the twenty 7L axles, I would not have broght this walker to its finished state.

After I built the walker, I found a few other people have done this in lego as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=369NuGkYA3s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLW-NPnqbJQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-51sDl4Oy20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYZdanpFKo