 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17505
Re: Walker using new leg design
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2007 03:41:18 GMT

Philippe Hurbain wrote:
<http://www.philohome.com/theo/walker.htm<http://www.philohome.com/theo/w1-t.jpg>>

I went on and built my own version, using 8 legs with 90° phase offset and Power
Functions motorization. Still a few things to improve, such as the bad balance
due to the weight of the battery pack...

See it [<http://www.philohome.com/theo/walker.htm here>].

Thanks again for the building incentive ;o)

Philo

Thats a nice walker.  Great job, now I want to place a brickshelf order
so i can get more 7L axles.    :)

May I ask why you went with a longer axle at the "front" of the leg? As
opposed to making it a "square" design.

Also, great idea on the IR motors for the walker. I wanted to try that
as well, when Janey first suggested it to me, but alas, I am short on
the new power function motors.   :)

Chris